Here’s your chance to join a young, lean company with an agile approach to business that places emphasis on relationships. We have team members positioned across the U.S. and we maintain a virtual team that works primarily from home offices. We’re looking to add a stellar copy writer/editor to our team who possess the ability to fit in with our awesome team and is self-motivated, responsible, and customer oriented.
We’re a close-knit group of folks who are passionate about creating meaningful customer experiences.
Team b is looking to grow and is seeking a copy writer/editor to help us write anything from creative copy to technical reports to communicate our clients’ priorities.
We have an ambitious roadmap, and as a member of our marketing and communication team, you’ll own taking our clients’ projects from concept to completion with compelling content.
In this full-time position, you will be responsible for taking an idea and developing clear and concise copy. You must have the ability to write for various mediums including print, web, radio, television, etc. Projects include both print and digital elements such as general advertising, brochures, posters, banner ads, blogs, web content, etc.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Create original work and develop ideas around specific themes
- Write clear, precise text with proper tone, feeling, sentence structure and emotion–grammar counts!
- Research, write, and edit content for clients and Team b
- Work with clients to capture their concept, style, and voice
- Generate words, copy, slogans, etc. to support marketing and communication concepts
- Proof various proposals and other documents for spelling, grammar, and clarity
What you need to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in a corporate environment; client service experience a plus
- Writing samples are a must
- Be a strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively across an organization
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills
- Proven ability to independently manage several projects simultaneously and to produce a measurable results
- Ability to travel up to 50% when necessary
You’ll get extra credit for:
- Experience with government contracts
- Agency experience
- Advanced degree or certifications
- Expertise in marketing, strategic communication, and training
- Graphic design skills
- An understanding of federal IT environments
- Government clearance a plus
What you’ll get in return:
- The opportunity to work for a growing, energetic company that allows you to work wherever you live
- Competitive salary
- Medical benefits
- A generous vacation package
- Work remotely, no requirement to be permanently on-site
How to apply:
This part is important. Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Along with all the usual info, your resume should include information about your background in copy writing/editing. Please attach up to three work samples. If you feel compelled to include a cover letter, please tell us about yourself and why you’re a good fit for our team. If you have a personal website – make sure you send us the link.